Effective Negotiation Techniques
In business, as in life, we’re always negotiating. Whether it be for the right job, the need to hire people or purchase supplies, dealing with managers and peers, managing our workload, looking to make a sale, or satisfy a customer. Yet in negotiation scenarios less than optimal business results are achieved. This program addresses the basic skills of collaborative negotiation, and will provide participants with the tools and techniques to improve outcomes.
Managers, supervisors, team leaders and any staff looking to improve their negotiation skills.
Key Benefits & Learning Outcomes
- Identify how personality attributes affect a negotiation
- Understand the differences between a collaborative versus a competitive negotiation
- Identify personality attributes and business norms that surface during a negotiation which lead to competitive behaviour even though a collaborative outcome is desired
- Select ways to foster the building of relationships while still ensuring commercial realities are met
- Plan, conduct and document a negotiation
- Create an action plan to continue to improve negotiation skills and processes