Emerging Manager Program (EMP)
Supervisors and team leaders are key people in the managerial team. They need to combine an understanding of human behaviour with technical job skills. An effective supervisor can align staff to business objectives and manage their teams to achieve the results required.
This program assists new managers and supervisors successfully make the transition from being one of the team, to being the leader of the team, and to understand the responsibilities of their new position.
Using an interactive format, participants will gain a good overview of the basics of supervision and management, develop the skills and best practices to lead effectively, and maximise the potential of their team.
Note that this course usually runs over 2 full days or 4 half days.
Currently appointed supervisors, team leaders, people preparing to move into a supervisory role as well as other participants who may be seeking to acquire the skills involved in these roles.
Key Benefits & Learning Outcomes
- Identify the key responsibilities of a supervisor
- Identify the characteristics of an effective supervisor
- Analyse personal values and style and identify their effect on others
- Differentiate between leadership and management
- Apply techniques to improve communication
- Describe and apply motivational theories and techniques
- Identify strategies to improve time management skills
- Improve productivity and effectiveness through delegation and self organisation
- Apply relevant aspects of occupational health and safety in the work environment
- Develop strategies to manage change in the workplace